HOW DO YOU RATE MY BLOG?

Friday, April 11, 2008

"SIMPLE MATHEMATICS"

This morning i woke up very tired as i slept late last nyt, m  not sure if i really do learn something from these two consecutive lectures I have every Friday. Guess what time I woke up,  hehe!!!! u wont believe it, exactly 8 oclock, the very same time that the class begin, i had to do everything so quick so atleast i attend half of my first lecture, cheers guys, college life guess u know.

When i got home i started surfing the internet like usual and this is what I came  accross, a must watch video clip below, while i was watching it, i couldn't hold myself but busted out into laughter, i told myself, nothing could have made my day better than this.

 The man in this video is having a hard time trying to explain to his father and mother that 25/5  is 5, they are arguing that he is getting himself cheated for they know that 25/5 is equal to 14, to support their answer the elderly parents justify them by doing some calculations on the board, watch how they do their calculations, how were you going to convince them? The old woman even go on to attack her son by saying he is suprised at his learning.
Oh wait a minute, there is a problem in this situation so lets write the problem statement

    Expectation: The  man is trying to convince his parents that he is not getting himself cheated by saying 25 divided by 5 is equal to  5
    
     Reality: The parents cannot be convinced as they say 25 divided by 5 is 14

     Gap: The man and the couple have different justifiable answers to one similar mathematical problem as shown by their calculations

Problem Statement: In this case the problem is the man is trying to convince the old woman and old man that she is not cheating the but the reality is that he failed to convince them.

I once heard someone saying doing mathematics is as easy as  abc,  in this case is it? i bet no, look at how the man is left confused by his parents who are as stubborn as a blood stain.

METAPHOR: Surfing the internet, in this case I am comparing my action of using the internet with a water sport
 busted out, I compared my feelings of laughing with the sound produced when an inflated ballon breaks
SIMILE 

No comments: